Restraining Order Defense Attorney in Orlando
Defending the Accused for 15+ Years – (407) 708-9127
Has your spouse or dating partner sought a restraining order against you? Commonly issued in connection with instances of alleged domestic violence, a restraining order can greatly restrict your rights and potentially prevent you from being able to lawfully enter your home or see your children. At The Wiseman Law Firm, our Orlando restraining order defense lawyer understands the gravity of your situation and is prepared to go the distance to ensure your rights are protected.
Why choose our firm’s world-class advocate? Consider the following:
- Invaluable insight as a former prosecutor
- 15+ years of trial-tested experience
- Available 24 hours a day to discuss your case
- Avvo Clients’ Choice Award recipient
- Aggressive courtroom presence
- Free & confidential initial consultations available
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help. Discuss your defense options today.
Fighting a Restraining Order in Florida
When a person in the state of Florida feels that they have been abused, stalked, or harassed, they may petition with the courts for an injunction known as an “order of protection” which can require their alleged abuser to cease certain behavior, such as calling, texting, or coming within a certain proximity the person who requested the order or their family. If the terms of these orders are violated, the offending party can face serious criminal consequences such as jail time, expensive fines, and further sanctions.
If someone is seeking a restraining order against you, you have a right to be notified of the request, to have a court hearing, and to defend yourself. Our firm can represent your interests and provide aggressive advocacy you need to maximize your chances of securing a favorable outcome. In the meantime, however, it is vital you do the following:
- Obey the temporary order: If you are served with a temporary restraining order, be sure to follow all of its terms. Even if you feel that you have a valid defense, violating a temporary order can expose you to criminal penalties and will greatly hinder your chances of overturning the order.
- Get organized: Begin gathering as much evidence as you can related to the incident cited in the petitioner’s request. This can include clothing, photographs, videos, objects, voicemails, text messages, and any other sort of documents that can prove what happened. Likewise, put together a list of any witnesses that may be able to provide testimony to your innocence.
It is not uncommon for individuals to seek restraining orders over unfounded claims as a way to get back at their spouse or as an attempt to gain the upper hand during divorce. We can examine the evidence surrounding your situation and present relevant arguments to refute the claims against you.
Do Not Let a Restraining Order Ruin Your Life
Restraining orders are oftentimes the first step in a much larger legal battle if not handled quickly and appropriately by a skilled attorney. At The Wiseman Law Firm, our Orlando restraining order defense lawyer is intimately familiar with the laws surrounding your case and can give you a fighting chances against your accusations. With constant communication and an uncompromising dedication to preserving your best interests, we have what it takes to ensure you are treated with the respect and dignity you deserve. We understand what is at stake, and we are fully prepared to fight on your behalf.
We proudly offer complimentary case reviews for all who come to us for help. Schedule yours today to take the first step towards retaining the advocacy you need.
We make it our priority to be accessible to clients. Available 24 hours a day, we will keep you continually updated on your case.
With experience as a former prosecutor, Attorney Wiseman has secured many successful results in high-stakes criminal cases.
Our law firm comes strongly recommended by past clients and by peers in the legal community. We are known for thorough preparation.
A former prosecutor, Attorney Wiseman brings over two decades' experience to each case, successfully advocating for his clients' rights.
“Words cannot begin to explain to you how grateful and thankful I am for all you have done for me.”- Sandra H.
“Excellent Attorney”- Shane