Sex Crime Lawyer in orlando, fl
Accused of a Sex Crime in Orange County, Florida? Call (407) 708-9127
Apart from the legal penalties, the non-legal consequences of sex crime charges can be just as harsh, damaging your family, your reputation in the community, and even ruin your career. You need tireless, trial-tested defense. We at The Wiseman Law Firm are experienced in handling Orlando, Florida sex crime cases, and we can help you understand the charges, the potential penalties and the strategy to achieve the best result possible.
Why Choose Our Sex Crime Defense Lawyer? What Makes Us Different?
- Former prosecutor who handled high-profile cases
- Over 20 years of trial-tested experience
- Top-rated by clients and peers
- Available 24 hours / day to provide trusted counsel
If you have been charged with sexual assault, rape, an internet sex crime, or been a victim of an escort or prostitution sting, contact us without delay for a free consultation. Our firm will ensure that your rights have not been violated by law enforcement officers at any step of the investigation. We provide aggressive representation throughout Orlando, Florida.
What Should You Do After a Sex Crime Arrest in Orlando, FL?
If you have been arrested for a sex crime in Orlando, FL, it is important to take the following steps:
- Remain silent with law enforcement: You have the right to remain silent and to not incriminate yourself. Use it. Do not speak to law enforcement or anyone else about your case without first consulting with an attorney.
- Contact an Orlando sex crime defense lawyer: Hire an experienced criminal defense attorney who specializes in sex crime cases. They will be able to advise you on your rights and can help you navigate the criminal justice system.
- Gather evidence: Ask your attorney to help you gather any evidence that may be helpful in your defense, such as witnesses or any other physical evidence.
- Follow the Orange County court's orders: Follow all court orders and conditions of release. Failure to do so can result in additional criminal charges and may jeopardize your case.
- Be prepared for the trial: Prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for the legal process. Gather all the necessary documents, and be ready to present your case.
- Be aware of the potential consequences: Sex crime convictions can carry severe penalties, including long prison sentences, mandatory registration as a sex offender, and a lifetime of social stigma.
It's important to keep in mind that every case is different, and the best course of action will depend on the specific facts of your case. An experienced attorney will be able to advise you on the best strategy for your defense, and will fight to protect your rights and interests throughout the legal process.
Fighting the Penalties for Florida Sex Crimes
The penalties for any Florida sex crime are severe. They include court-ordered sex offender treatment, imprisonment, required registration as a sex offender and lengthy probation. Apart from this, the personal repercussions of sex crimes can be devastating. Being labelled a sex offender can ruin your family, career, and the life you once had.
Our Orlando sex crimes lawyers are ready to defend you against charges of:
If you are a target of a sex offense investigation, before speaking with the police, you should immediately turn to a reputed Orlando sex crime attorney. Remember, anything you say can be held against you if you speak to the police freely and voluntarily.
The Wiseman Law Firm will tackle your case with utmost sensitivity and discretion. Our firm knows how to successfully defend clients both in a courtroom as well as before the media if necessary. For charges that involve internet sex crimes, we stay up-to-date on computer and internet crime law to ensure early intervention, retrieval of important information, and preservation of key evidence, which can make a huge difference to the outcome of your case.
We make it our priority to be accessible to clients. Available 24 hours a day, we will keep you continually updated on your case.
With experience as a former prosecutor, Attorney Wiseman has secured many successful results in high-stakes criminal cases.
Our law firm comes strongly recommended by past clients and by peers in the legal community. We are known for thorough preparation.
A former prosecutor, Attorney Wiseman brings over two decades' experience to each case, successfully advocating for his clients' rights.
“If it hadn’t been for Simon and his team, I don’t know what I would have done.”- Anonymous
“Words cannot begin to explain to you how grateful and thankful I am for all you have done for me.”- Sandra H.