WINDERMERE CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY
HIRE A FORMER PROSECUTOR TO DEFEND YOUR CASE
When you’re charged with a crime, you must go through various processes in the criminal justice system. At each step, you must follow specific laws, rules, and procedures, and a mistake at any point could mean the difference between a conviction and your freedom. That is why it is important to have an experienced attorney by your side who can help you understand the intricacies of this system and answer your questions along the way.
At The Wiseman Law Firm, our attorney has over 15 years of legal experience and can provide the sound and professional guidance you need to fight the criminal charges you’re facing. We understand the seriousness of being accused of a crime and the life-altering consequences of a conviction. When you retain our services, we will take the time to learn about the circumstances from your point of view to craft a compelling defense on your behalf. Additionally, our lawyer is a former prosecutor, and we will use our knowledge of how the other side of the court works to identify holes in the accusations against you, weakening their arguments and strengthening the ones we build on your behalf. Using our extensive understanding of the law and our skills, we have obtained favorable outcomes for past clients, and we will work toward a just result on your behalf.
To discuss your case during a free consultation, call us at (407) 708-9127 today!
PROVIDING SKILLED DEFENSE FOR A VARIETY OF CHARGES
Being charged with a misdemeanor or felony offense is a serious matter. Although a felony is considered a more serious crime than a misdemeanor, a conviction could result in jail or prison time and fines, affecting your rights and freedoms. Additionally, if you’re found guilty of an offense, that information gets put on your criminal record, which can make it challenging to get a job, find a home, or even qualify for a student loan.
At The Wiseman Law Firm, we will fight aggressively to protect your rights and will seek to minimize the effects of a conviction on your life. Backed years of experience navigating the legal system and effectively handling cases of varying complexity, we have the know-how and skills to go up against the prosecution, whether in negotiations or at trial.
We provide effective legal counsel for various charges, including:
- Drug crimes: Because of the state’s tough-on-drugs stance, Florida harshly prosecutes drug crimes, such as possession, trafficking, and sales. The potential penalties for a conviction vary depending on the type and amount of controlled substance in question and the specifics of the circumstances.
- DUIs: Driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or higher or with an amount of intoxicating substance in your system impairs your normal faculties is unlawful. A first-time conviction of this offense carries with it up to 6 months in jail, up to $1,000 in fines, and a lengthy license suspension.
- Federal crimes: Engaging in criminal behavior that crosses state lines, occurs on government property, or violates federal laws can result in a charge. Generally, a conviction is punished more harshly at the federal level than at the state level.
- Resisting arrest: Resisting, obstructing, or opposing an officer is a first-degree misdemeanor offense. It is punishable by up to 1 year in jail and up to $1,000 in fines.
- Sex crimes: These offenses are aggressively prosecuted, especially if the alleged victim was a minor. The types of crimes vary from prostitution to sexual assault, and the potential penalties depend on the specifics of the circumstances. A conviction often carries not only incarceration and fines but also a requirement to register as a sex offender.
- Theft crimes: Charges for these types of offenses include, but are not limited to, burglary, shoplifting, and robbery. The potential conviction penalties depend on the type of crime committed and the value of the object stolen. If found guilty, you may also be required to pay restitution to the victim.
- Violent crimes: Violent offenses range from arson to murder, and the potential conviction penalties are severe. For instance, first-degree murder is a capital felony and is punishable by death.
- White collar crimes: Such offenses include, but are not limited to, bribery, embezzlement, computer crimes, fraud, identity theft, and money laundering. The penalties vary depending on the alleged crime and can include jail or prison time.
FOR TRIAL-TESTED DEFENSE, CONTACT THE WISEMAN LAW FIRM
Our attorney recognizes that, although the legal processes for criminal offenses are similar, each case is unique. That’s why we will provide personalized service to develop a strategy that tells your side of the story. We are ready to provide the skilled defense you need to fight your charges.
For professional and results-driven legal representation in Windermere, call us at (407) 708-9127 or contact us online.
We make it our priority to be accessible to clients. Available 24 hours a day, we will keep you continually updated on your case.
With experience as a former prosecutor, Attorney Wiseman has secured many successful results in high-stakes criminal cases.
Our law firm comes strongly recommended by past clients and by peers in the legal community. We are known for thorough preparation.
A former prosecutor, Attorney Wiseman brings over two decades' experience to each case, successfully advocating for his clients' rights.
“Words cannot begin to explain to you how grateful and thankful I am for all you have done for me.”- Sandra H.
“Excellent Attorney”- Shane