Car accident injuries are not uncommon on the busy roadways of Orlando, Florida. Accident injury statistics indicate that there are about 3,000 auto accident fatalities per year in Florida and well over 200,000 traffic accidents yearly. Orlando is a very busy tourist destination and with many tourists not used to driving on our side of the road or on our system of roads there is bound to be more accidents than normal.
If you are injured in a car accident in Orlando, there are some steps you can take to ensure you collect the compensation you deserve:
IMMEDIATE STEPS TO TAKE
- After the collision, see if you or your passengers are injured. Immediately call 911 for medical assistance if you are able. Even if you only feel some stiffness or bruising, do not hesitate to call.
- If injured, wait for police and medical personnel to arrive before exiting your car or exchanging information. Advise the other party or anyone else you are injured and to wait for police.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone. Any statement from you could be interpreted as an admission of fault or misstatement of a material fact.
- When police arrive, only advise the officer of your version of the accident without guessing about time, speed or distances if you can. If you are shaken up or too injured, advise the officer of your condition but be clear the accident was not your fault.
- Do not hesitate to go the hospital to be examined. Many times injuries that appear slight worsen considerably over a few hours. Your refusal to be treated could later be construed as evidence you were either not injured or did not suffer an injury and could seriously affect your credibility.
- Take photographs of the damage to any vehicle involved in the accident.
- Keep any property damage estimates to any vehicle involved in the accident.
- Get the contact information for any witnesses to the accident.
- Take down the at-fault parties’ insurance details, tag number or number plate and the make and model of vehicle.
- Immediately call The Wiseman Law Firm.
RETAIN THE WISEMAN LAW FIRM
The Wiseman Law Firm will visit you at your home or hospital to discuss your case. Too many times, injured victims are contacted by insurance adjusters for the responsible party and urged to give recorded statements in which they unknowingly admit certain adverse facts or minimize their injuries, which can be detrimental.
The car accident attorneys at The Wiseman Law Firm will handle each step of your accident case including contacting the insurance companies, setting up a claim, obtaining the traffic accident report, contacting witnesses, and gathering all relevant documentation of your damages to fully prosecute your claim and maximize your recovery.
In cases where liability is disputed, The Wiseman Law Firm will investigate the facts, determine if the investigating officer’s conclusions are correct, dispute witness statements that are not credible, or hire accident reconstruction experts to support your version of the accident.
If the nature and extent of your injuries are questioned, The Wiseman Law Firm will contact your medical providers or retain medical specialists who can offer expert testimony that can convince insurance companies or defense attorneys that your injuries are severe or disabling.
Remember, if you have personal injury protection benefits under your automobile policy, there will be up to $10,000 in available medical expense and lost wage coverage. Additionally, you can pursue a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance. Call The Wiseman Law Firm immediately for a free consultation and we will guide you through each step of the car accident process.
Car accident injuries can seriously disrupt your life and family. Do not trust your accident case to any attorney. Contact The Wiseman Law Firm today for a free consultation. We do not get paid until you receive compensation. No win no fee.